A winter holiday in Abtenau
Snowy magic at the Landhaus Oberlehen
The whole Lammertal region offers a huge variety of winter leisure activities. Fun on skis and snowboards is guaranteed by varied pistes, modern cable cars and ski lifts in the region around Abtenau. The natural conditions and highly competent ski schools help returners and beginners to consolidate their skiing ability. Plus sunny cross-country trails and winter footpaths create a perfect winter wonderland. The cross-country trail passes right by the Landhaus Oberlehen in Abtenau.
Skiing & snowboarding
- Skiing for beginners and intermediates
- Ski resorts: Karkogel (Abtenau) – Dachstein West (Rußbach, Annaberg, Gosau) – Postalm
- Enjoy skiing in the Salzburger Sportwelt in Ski amadé (approx. 40 kms away)
- Snowpark Dachstein West
- Cosy ski huts for refreshment stops
- Ski & snowboard schools, ski lessons for children including lunchtime supervision available in Rußbach
- Ski rental at ski resorts
Cross-country skiing, ice-skating & ski touring
- 170 km of groomed cross-country trails for all abilitiy levels in the cross-country region Tennengau – free of charge
- Floodlit cross-country trail, high alpine cross-country trail, cross-country centre in Abtenau
- Cross-country trail passes right by the Landhaus Oberlehen
- Free ski bus to the cross-country trails
- Natural ice skating rink in Abtenau including ice skate rental
- Backcountry ski touring on the Gosaukamm, in the Osterhorn range, on the Dachstein and in the Tennengebirge
- Guided backcountry ski tours available
Hiking in winter, snowshoeing & tobogganing
- Marked & cleared winter footpaths
- Various snowshoe routes, snowshoe rental
- Guided winter walks & snowshoe tours available (free snowshoes Wednesdays at 2.00 pm.)
- Floodlit toboganning run at the Karkogel cable car & tobogganing at the “Sonnleiten” lift
- Toboggan rental, “bockerl bob” & airboard rental at the toboggan centre Outdoor Unlimited or Outdoor Consulting Team
- Sledging slope behind the Landhaus Oberlehen
Indoor swimming pools & thermal spas
- Aqua Salza in Golling: leisure pool with indoor & outdoor pool, 4-season pool, multi pool, big water slide, children’s area and much more
sauna & spa area with a variety of themessaunas
- Therme Amadé in Altenmarkt im Pongau: with salt enriched indoor & outdoor pools, separate sauna area, single loop water slide, black hole slide, funnel slide, wave pool, children’s pool
- Eurothermen Resort Bad Ischl: salt water-pool enriched with Bad Ischler salt, salt grotto, outdoor area with Lazy River stream
sauna world Relaxium with various saunas, stone bath, steam bath, salt water pool, massages, solarium
Weekly winter activities organised by the Abtenau Tourist Office
Explore your holiday resort and gain impressions of one of the most beautiful towns in Salzburg – free of charge.
Mondays: 10.00 am., Duration: approx. 1,5 hours
basic course free of charge
Tuesday: 10.30 am. Duration: 2 hours
basic course free of charge
Tuesday: 2.00 pm. Duration: 2 hours
Pleasant tour through Abtenau – free of charge.
Wednesday: 2.00 pm. Duration: 2 hours
Local winter sport with loads of tradition and unlimited fun for everyone – free of charge.
Thursday: 2.00 pm.
Approx. 30 minute guided tour to the Gasthof Poschenhof – with mulled wine traditional live folk music
Thursday: 8.00 pm. Duration approx. 2,5 hours
Price: with torch: € 4,00, without torch: € 3,00
Idyllic hike around the “Egelsee” lake including a stop at the “Fliehof “ destillery and the traditional “Zur Sonnleit`n“. Enjoy interesting guided tours through the destillery and cheese factory including tastings of exquisiteschnaps and various delicious types of cheese.
Friday: 10.00 am.
Price: with guest card: € 6,00, without guest card: € 10,00