A summer holiday in Abtenau
Hiking, biking, swimming and much more…
A wide variety of sporting and leisure activities makes Abtenau an attractive holiday destination in Salzburger Land. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, swimming or going on day trips by car – or prefer jus tto relax and savour the alpine tranquillity… the Tennengebirge region entices you to a varied summer holiday in Salzburger Land. At the Landhaus Oberlehen you are particularly close to nature.
Pleasure hiking, family excursions & mountain tours
- Hikes, themed paths, Pilgrims’ trails in Abtenau & the region Tennengau – Dachstein West
- mountain tours & fixed-rope routes for experienced
- Alpine hikes-, summit hikes to the Karkogel, to the Postalm
- Box seats in Abtenau’s nature: Rocheralmhöhe – pleasure box seat, Postalm – flower box seat
- Alpine huts for refreshment
- Free guided hikes with Abtenau’s guest card and discount on the pleasure walk
- Family hiking: Abtenau lifts are in operation in summer, cable car to Bruno’s mountain world in Russbach, Donnerkogel cable car in Annaberg
- Family Adventure Park Primeval Forest in Gosau am Dachstein: fun play stations, dinosaurs, archeological treasures…
Walk there, where Empress Sisi once enjoyed nature. At the Zwieselalm Hut, she once even spent the night – an exclusive view of the Sisi room is guaranteed during this hike!
Cycling, mountain biking & e-biking
- Well-market biking trails
- Mountain bike paradise of Abtenau-Lammertal: mountain bike tours with different elevation profiles e.g. to the Postalm region, to the Osterhorngruppe, to the Karkogel, Strubberg-Route
- Pleaure biking on e-bikes
- Salzburg Alpine tour leads through Abtenau
- bike rentals for bikes, mountain bikes & E-bikes
Nordic walking, running & summer tobogganing
Swimming & bathing
- Adventure Pool in Abtenau: 25 m sports pool, adventure pool, speed slide, large slide, jet stream channel, jacuzzi benches, children’s pool, beach volleyball court and much more…
- Russbach Water Park: full organic natural pool with waterfall, diving platforms, water slide, kid’s canoe track, Kneipp water-treading basin…
- Forest Lake Lungötz: water surface of 2.000 m², water slide, children’s pool, playground and much more…
- Seepark St. Martin: organic bathing lake, trampoline, fun water slide, toddlers’ play area, adventure castle…
- Day trips to Wolfgangsee Lake or Lake Hallstatt
- Thermal spa Bad Vigaun, Therme Amadé, Aqua Salza only few kilometres away
Fun sports & other activities
- Segway, mountain cart, mountain scooter, bike board, monster roller, skyver, “Bockerl” rides
- Low & high ropes course, Trickl caving tour
- Outdoor providers: OCT – Outdoor Consulting Team & Outdoor unlimited
- Paragliding: training & tandem flights available
- Horseback riding courses in Abtenau, paddock, indoor riding arena, horseback riding & riding trails
- Horse-drawn carriage rides at the Gasthof Schiemhof, Gasthof Ledererwirt
- Tennis: outdoor & indoor courts in Abtenau
- Crazy golf course in Abtenau
Weekly summer activities offered by the Abtenau Tourist Office
Whether traditional with the local brass band, a folk group or even a pop band, live music evenings turn the market place into a melting pot and get people dancing – free of charge.
Sunday and Wednesday: 8.00 pm.
We invite guests on a guided walk through Abtenau. Explore your holiday resort and gain impressions of one of the most beautiful towns in Salzburg – free of charge.
Monday: 10.00 am., Duration: approx. 1.5 hours
Explore the most beautiful and most remote places of the Postalm with our guide Hans and experience genuine alpine hut romance – free of charge. The guided tour only takes place in dry weather conditions.
Bus journey: € 5,50 per person round trip
Tuesday: 10.10 am. Return: 4.15 pm.
Pleasant hike with the biologist Hans Burgstaller along the mountain pasture flower track on the Postalm. Discover the variety, beauty and effect of different mountain pasture flowers – free of charge. In the event of bad weather the mountain pasture flowers will be displayed and explained with a slideshow.
Tuesday: 11.00 am.
Free basic course
Tuesday: 3.00 pm., Duration: 2 hours
A gentle hike to Abtenau’s waterfalls in the district called Au. Afterwards the freezing cold water in the Kneipp water-treading pool will tickle our feet – free of charge.
Wednesday: 10.00 am., Duration: 4.5 hours
Guided hiking tour to the Gsenghöhe (1,604 m above sea level) in the Tennengebirge. Enjoy the splendid view over Abtenau including a cosy refreshment stop at the Gsengalm – free of charge. Thursday: 9.00 am.
Idyllic hiking tour around the “Egelsee“ Lake with a stop at the “Fliehof” destillery and the traditional business “Zur Sonnleit’n“. Interesting guided tours through the destillery and the cheese factory including tastings of exquisite schnaps and various delicious types of cheese.
Friday: 10.00 am.
Price: with guest card: € 6,00, without guest card: € 10,00
The SalzburgerLand Card offers you free admission to more than 190 sights and attractions throughout Salzburger Land. In addition to you receive various discounts, such as e.g. the festival city of Salzburg, the Ice Caves in Werfen and much more. The card is available from us.